Welcome to our family!

Welcome to our family!
Jon and Tracy

Bin the Builder

Bin the Builder
Don't mess with my blocks buddy!

Box Play

Box Play
Come on in!

Birthday ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Learning to Walk Again


Waiting for the braces!


First steps in new braces!


This is going to take a while, but I'll get the
hang of it!



New Braces vs. Old Braces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, we went to get Bin's new braces. I knew they were going to be much bigger but for some reason I was still shocked when I saw them. These go up around his hips, around his thighs and then around his feet. As you can see in the pictures there is a HUGE difference between these and his old ones! The new ones are supposed to help keep his feet in a forward position. (they are usually turned outwards, his left more than his right) Well, the problem is he has learned to walk this way and has used that left foot more for balance than for walking. I don't know why I was just expecting him to put them on and just take off! It was like watching him trying to learn to walk all over again. It made me sad. However, he did not seem to let it bother him. He just wanted to go go go! He will have to use his walker again until he gets used to these. Part of me wishes I had not worried about that right foot and just let him go on walking like he does! You know for a little guy who was not supposed to be able to walk, he has done a pretty darn good job of getting around to me! Sometimes, I think it just bothered others more than it did Jon and I. I know in the long run this will be better for Bin to learn to walk with better foot positioning but right now part of me is bummed that he will have to start over from scratch!:( I'm just a sad Mommy venting right now, I will be better tomorrow!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great news for Bin!
Tracy, I know first hand on being a sad mommy needing to vent. I often through myself a good old pitty party! We just love our babies so much and want the best for them. It hurts to see them struggle and it's so hard. But, Bin and my Austin (he has mild MR and Epilepsy)aren't struggling and aren't sad. This is all they know and they adapt in their own tough, spirit way. What amazing boys they are! How lucky are we?! Y'all have a great Christmas!

Cassie said...

Bin will quickly get the hang of the new braces and he will be all over the place again...probably faster than ever!