Welcome to our family!

Welcome to our family!
Jon and Tracy

Bin the Builder

Bin the Builder
Don't mess with my blocks buddy!

Box Play

Box Play
Come on in!

Birthday ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The New Oaxie


Oaxie posing for tonsil pictures...kinda scary!


They were the size of marbles!


So sick after:( She even came home from the
hospital w/ black eyes. Not sure how that
happened?!?


Day 5- she ate a bite of Chicken Express and
could not keep it down, she got sick right
after this picture:( I look at this picture and
she is so pitiful. She weighed 34lbs before
surgery and by the end of 2 weeks she was down to
29 lbs! Scared me to death!!!


Day 6- she ate this entire cookie and nothing
else but it made Mommy very happy!!!

My friend Michelle's son had his adenoids and tonsils removed yesterday and it reminded me of what all we went through when Oaxie had hers taken out in September. Man was that a hard recovery. I never realized it would be so hard on all of us but her especially. She did not eat for almost 7 days. It totally stressed me out. I did not think she could survive on a few sips of juice a day, but she did. I had her pose for pics of her tonsils the day before they came out so I thought I would share her gorgeous but now gone tonsils and adenoids! The doctor said she would be a changed child afterwards. I was not for sure exactly what that meant, but looking back now, he was totally right. Oaxie has been sick so much in the past 3 years. She had developed sleep apnea and snored as loud as her Granddaddy(and that is BAD)! Sorry Dad:) Anyways, she must have been totally sleep deprived as well because now she is this funny little girl who has literally come out of her shell ever since her surgery. She talks to every one, she smiles and is a silly willy. She has not missed one day of school this year so far...knock on wood. I can't remember the last time she had a major melt down or for that matter even cried! It has been a major transformation and I am sad we did not have it done sooner. Dr Palmer said they were some of the worst tonsils/adenoids he has seen. Our poor baby.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad to hear she's doing better now. What an ordeal! You always think of how easy a surgery it is for kids, I've heard other parents have similar recovery stories. But at least now it all sounds worth it :)

Michelle said...

OH Tracy, poor Oaxie, poor you! You always think of having tonils and adenoids removed a routine surgery, no biggie. But you never think of the recovery! Thankfully for me, I've had really good friends (you included) that have shared their recovery stories and tips! It's so different for each child and is far from smooth and easy!It is quite amazing how the snoring just immmediately stops though. I'm happy her surgery was a success and is back better than ever!